- Begins with Rhuarc and Harold in a tavern in Dun-di on a summer night.
- Harold give Rhuarc news of recent events since he has left; even bigger crack-down on magic users and the magic counsel has withdrawn even more. Everyone is in lock-down and no magic user may move about freely in the city.
- Many ruffians and drunks in the streets; a group takes notice of Rhuarc and Harold and attempts to “teach them a lesson”.
- Harold attempts to flee but becomes badly wounded.
- Rhuarc engages enemy group.
- Naiada, Theora, Alrik and Ayro are also patrons of the tavern at this time. Alrik attempts to stop the conflict, but the fight moves outside. All characters engage the ruffian group.
- City Guard Isaac attempts to break up the fight but more ruffians enter the fight. The group successfully kills a few and maims the rest of the enemy. The guard takes the group down to the Guard House in the Dun-di fighting academy for questioning.
- Captain Blake questions the group about the tavern brawl and encourages Rhuarc and the rest to leave the city. He gives them a quest to investigate the barbarian raids occurring in the town of Lindel as a means to remove themselves from Dun-di. He offers 1,500gp in pay.
- The group accepts and recuperates at the guard house and will attempt to procure supplies for their trip in the morning.
…and Harold is okay.. he is being cared for the at the guard house as well.